Organized by the INFANT Foundation, together with the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), in Nashville TN, USA, the Third International Symposium “The Future of Pediatrics: From Research to Public Health” will be held on May 15, 2014, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The event will live-streamed open to the general public, at http://simposio.infant.org.ar/en/. Broadcast will be from 9.30am ARG (7.30am CDT) till 1pm ARG (11am CDT). The event will take place at the Auditorium of the Navarro Viola Foundation, located in Av. Presidente Quintana 174 – Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
From the perspective of traslational medicine, in a format prepared to translate hard science to students and all doctors, world experts will discuss on topics such as the effects of preterm birth, novel conclusions on respiratory diseases, the role of obstetricians in the rest of your life, and the next generation of vaccines. Moreover, the symposium will offer a special section on 3D printing and medicine.
The Pediatrics of the future demands scientific knowledge to transform into concrete actions with impact on the society, and this symposium aims to bridge this gap. Download the full program here.
- Old diseases require new vaccines.
- In developing countries, more infants die at their homes than at the hospital.
- We face new outbreaks of asthma and autoimmune diseases.
- The biggest threats to children’s health start during pregnancy.
We need new ideas:
- Computational development of vaccines.
- Infant and children mortality as priorities.
- 3D printing transforming healthcare and treatments.
- The obstetrician as the first pediatrician.
- Secondary effects of health development.
Limited capacity event. Admissions only by RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simultaneous interpretation services to Spanish and English will be available.
Certificates of attendance will be issued at the end of the day upon prior request to email@example.com